Physician Hearing Network
Physicians Hearing Network partners with primary care practices across the U.S. by renting an exam room a set number of days per week to provide their patients with complimentary hearing testing services. There is zero cost to the practice or patient and no billing of insurance. Physicians Hearing Network covers all expenses including labor and equipment. The rent revenue is pure profit to the practice.
After operating 25+ private audiology practices and managing the audiology departments of 40+ ENT practices across the U.S., our management team developed a turn-key hearing services model which allows us to provide comprehensive hearing evaluations and hearing aid services in a typical exam roomwithout disrupting patient flow or creating administrative burden for the staff.
Our goal is to detect and treat hearing loss as early in its development as possible. We believe the best way to achieve this is by partnering with primary care physicians to make hearing screenings a standard part of the annual checkup. Physicians who have partnered with us, as well as patients we’ve treated with hearing aids, appreciate the convenience of onsite hearing services and one less referral.
How it Works
Step 1: PHN utilizes an exam room for a set number of days per week to conduct complimentary hearing evaluations.
Step 2: PHN places a licensed and insured Hearing Services Provider in your practice.
Step 3: PHN provides the necessary equipment to provide audiology and hearing aid services.
Step 4: Practice refers patients for hearing tests.
Step 5: PHN provides your practice with patient test results.
Step 6: PHN offers the latest technology in hearing aids for patients that could benefit from them.
For more details, please view our FAQ page.
Benefits to Practice:
- No cost to practice or patient and no billing of insurance for hearing services
- PHN covers all equipment and labor costs
- Enables practices to provide additional services on-site
- Not disruptive to the office or patient flow
- A more holistic approach to patient care
Benefits to Patient:
- Convenient access to hearing healthcare services at their PCP office
- Reduces unnecessary referrals
- Reduces patient’s overall cost of care
- Improves overall quality of life through early detection and treatment of hearing loss
- $1,000 – $4,167 per month depending on the size of the practice
Qualifying Practice Profile:
- Primary Care, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Geriatric
- Patient panel consists of 1,000+ patients age 65+
- Practice averages 20+ patients (all ages) per day
If you would like to learn more about the Physician Hearing Network, please email moc.asunhpnull@leinad.
If you are not an MPPG member, click on the “Join Now” button at the top of the page.